40 Catamore Blvd.
Job Number: 1353
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: 1st shift, Full Time
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for supporting, researching, planning, designing, and testing embedded electrical components, equipment, and control systems. The Electrical Engineer is also responsible for the development and testing of advanced technologies and products. They support the activities involved in the fabrication, testing, operation, application, installation, and support of electro-mechanical or electro-pneumatic technologies, products and systems. Duties may include:
- Support the development of circuit designs utilizing mixed signal (microcomputer/logic/memory IC/analog/interface) design techniques for industrial environments.
- Develop controllers using single board computers (SBCs), develop HW interface and HW and FW for application specific embedded controllers.
- Support development of firmware utilizing C, C++, other HLL, and assembly languages for embedded industrial controllers, including Verilog and other HDL.
- Support design of user interfaces for standalone control systems utilizing LED and/or LCD displays with touch capability and custom control panel push buttons.
- Provide input and support to the fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Support defining system architecture to meet product requirements.
- Participate in the research and analysis of data such as design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Support product compliance to CE, CSA, and UL for electrical device safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EN 61010, EN 61000)
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering (BSEE preferred) or equivalent; minimum three years related experience.
- Experience with single board computers (SBCs), used as embedded controllers - HW interface and SW design.
- Experience with schematic capture tools such as OrCAD and familiarity with and/or experience with PCB layout tools and design considerations.
- Experience with industry-related testing equipment (scopes, meters, etc.)
- Experience with various communication protocols (Serial, Ethernet, CAN, MODBUS).
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of Design software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Experience with pneumatic control systems. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Understanding of machining and other manufacturing technologies.
- Understanding of computer networks and conceptual models (OSI, TCP/IP)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.