Quonset Point Facility
Job Number: 1061
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Electric Boat, a Quonset based manufacturer who designs and builds the nuclear submarines used by our US Navy. Electric Boat is willing to train motivated candidates for positions that offer incredible opportunities for career advancement.
COMPANY NAME: General Dynamics Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Outside Electrician
LOCATION(S): North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
Electric Boat is seeking Outside Electricians at all skill levels for their Quonset facility. The Outside Electrician should possess electrical knowledge/experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fabricate and install wire-way hangers, stud shooting, install bulkhead stuffing tubes and various sizes and types of cables (thru and local) for lighting, communications, control, power, electronics, nuclear and weapons systems
- Installation of components (terminal boxes, switches, controllers, wiring harnesses, cabinets etc.) for the various electrical systems.
- Install main power switchboards and electrical nuclear equipment, cut in and hookup cables for installed components and installation and hook-up of ship' s lightingi
- Install / build and test fiber optic systems
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma/GED
- Previous electrical experience and/or electrical training is required
- Blueprint/electrical schematic reading and interpretation skilled preferred
- Electrical Trades Training/basic electrical knowledge preferred; No electrical license required
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.