Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for James L. Maher Center. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: James L. Maher Center
JOB TITLE: Driver
LOCATION: Acquidnick Island, RI
HOURS: Mon-Fri, 32 – 40 hours
This position is responsible for providing safe transportation of individuals with developmental disabilities to and from assigned routes as well as the routine maintenance and upkeep of vehicles.
- To follow prescribed routes and to inform the Transportation Manager or designee of any changes that may occur.
- Will assist passengers getting in and out of vehicles and assist them with their belongings.
- To immediately complete and submit to the Transportation Manager or designee accident and/or incident reports as needed.
- To follow all the rules-of-the-road as set forth by State of RI and the policies of the James L. Maher Center.
- To keep the agency up-dated by two-way radio when problems occur with assigned vehicle(s).
- To make a daily check of the gas, oil, fluid and tire pressure of assigned vehicle(s).
- To immediately alert the Transportation Manager or designee regarding any safety concerns related to transportation.
- Must maintain a professional appearance, arrive to work on time and be able to follow instructions from Transportation Manager or designee.
- Successful completion of paid training in First Aid, CPR, and Defensive Driving is required.
- To carry out other job related assignments as requested by the Transportation Manager or designee.
Successful candidates will have:
- Flexibility & Dependability
- Ability to work in a team oriented setting
- Good oral and written communication skills and competencies
- Applicant must pass a National Criminal Background check.
- Valid Driver’ s License
- High School Diploma or GED required
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and James L. Maher Center will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.