Director of Marketing, Skills for Rhode Island’s Future
Hours: Full-Time, 8:30am – 5:00pm (currently remote/hybrid)
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit organization that identifies companies’ immediate hiring needs and connects them with qualified, unemployed or underemployed job seekers and/or the resources necessary to fund training programs to equip job seekers with the skills to fill those positions. Launched in 2016, SkillsRI has placed nearly 5,000 unemployed or underemployed job seekers into employment through strong partnerships with over 180 committed, local employers.
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.
SkillsRI is seeking an experienced marketing professional who will lead our non-profit agency’s recruitment marketing, community marketing and branding strategies for our agency, our client partners, and various projects and initiatives under the SkillsRI “family of brands.”
The Director of Marketing will:
- Oversee and grow the agency marketing department and marketing personnel.
- Help guide marketing strategies to support candidate recruitment, employer branding, PrepareRI internship program recruitment, training program recruitment, and various agency projects including Skills Academy, WorkABILITY, Back to Work RI, and future/upcoming projects.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual marketing content calendar; working with team members to create and publish engaging content according to calendar.
- Build and implement the agency’s digital marketing roadmap; develop content for and oversee digital marketing across channels (e.g. website, blogs, email marketing and social media) to ensure brand and message consistency.
- Oversee development and build-out of various websites and job boards (built on Wordpress and Craft CMS systems).
- Oversee brand development for the agency as a whole.
- Supervise Marketing Design Manager and further hire/build out marketing department.
- Oversee marketing budget.
- Oversee advertising and public relations strategies, in collaboration with the Director of Strategy and Development.
- Collaborating with Project Managers as you and your team support the various departments and teams across the SkillsRI agency.
- Remain up to date with recruitment marketing and digital marketing strategies.
- Support in-person events such as job fairs and other community and fundraising events.
- Optimize all content according to search engines and media platform; considering SEO and Google Analytics.
- Oversee the design and production of all print promotional materials (fliers, posters, etc.); develop templates to ensure consistent branding.
- Work with the team to source, collect and publish candidate and client stories and testimonials.
- Survey job seekers, companies and other stakeholders to determine satisfaction levels and identify areas of improvement.
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience, ideally in a director level role with supervisory experience
- “Data driven” mindset coupled with a deep desire to help people through meaningful, impactful, human-focused marketing.
- A belief in the core mission of SkillsRI: to help unemployed and underemployed Rhode Islanders get back to work or further their careers to achieve upward mobility.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment, with the organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Connection to or interest in grassroots, community-based marketing
- Experience with Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and major social media platforms
- A portfolio, writing samples, or examples of marketing strategy documents or presentations