Director of Education & Training Job Description
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit workforce intermediary working to break down barriers to economic opportunity by connecting unemployed and underemployed Rhode Islanders to jobs with socially responsible, civic-minded employers through a proven demand-driven approach. SkillsRl's multi-faceted approach focuses on providing a continuum of career services to help those who face barriers to employment succeed in the workplace. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the heart of the SkillsRI model and we have proven to be incredibly effective at recruiting and placing individuals with barriers into employment.
Our Mission: Create demand-driven solutions for employers to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work.
Our Vision: Transforming lives through meaningful employment and economic mobility.
Our Values: Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Respect
The Director of Education & Training will develop and support the delivery of the agency’s youth and adult education and training programs designed to build multi-industry talent and pipelines through experiential learning, certifications/courses, and pre-employment training.
- Manage long-term, strategic organizational education and training initiatives.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement inclusive education and training opportunities.
- Oversee the development and delivery of educational programs for all ages, from school-age youth to adults, with a focus on career development.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers and student interns to assist in the development, management, and delivery of educational programs.
- Keep abreast of current trends in environmental education, state and federal K-12 standards and continuing education requirements, educational theory, pedagogy, as well as future of work issues and policy.
- Provide direction on the agency’s education and training structure, including curriculum revision and development.
- Monitor implementation of programs, evaluate program effectiveness, and document program success.
- Direct and execute Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) initiatives pertaining to career development.
- Increase the percentage of the organization’s annual revenue derived from the delivery of educational programs.
- Ensure programs increase education and career knowledge for K-16 and adult students.
- Passion for the mission of SkillsRI and enthusiasm for its success
- Comfort with - and enthusiasm for - working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while accomplishing goals under tight time constraints
- Ability to communicate professionally across a broad range of constituent groups
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, customer service, empathy, and resilience
- Ambitious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Strong documentation skills, and able to make connections between similar problems
- Willingness to work hard, maintain a positive attitude, and overcome challenges
- Solution-oriented problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize according to business goals
- Conviction, integrity, honesty, and maturity in all situations
- Knowledge of Rhode Island’s K-16 and adult learning programs and standards
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing effective education, training, and other initiatives focused on career development
- Experience working with diverse populations, including English language learners (ELL) and individuals identifying with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Expertise in evaluating the effectiveness of programs and the skills to adjust programs to increase impact
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, leadership, and teamwork
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop and seek out innovative approaches and strategies to meet goals and objectives
- Strong social skills, flexibility, attention to detail, and dedication
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office 365 suite
- Demonstrated ability to publicly present and inspire a diverse audience of stakeholders
Salary is commensurate with experience.
100% of individual health, dental, and vision insurance
401k employer contribution
Paid Time Off
15 paid holidays
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.