Industry: Health & Human Services
Job Number: 1210
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is partnering with Looking Upwards, to assist in finding DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS to work with adults with developmental disabilities and children with special healthcare needs.
COMPANY NAME: Looking Upwards
JOB TITLE: Direct Support Professional
HOURS: Full-Time & Part-Time
SALARY: $11.01 per hour
Looking Upwards is a premier human services organization who, “ helps individuals to live to their fullest potential,” and is offering this position that will allow you to engage in meaningful work and make a difference in people’ s lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist children with special healthcare needs develop new skills
- Support adults with developmental disabilities live fulfilling lives
- Provide administrative support
- Engage participants in social settings, promote healthy living, employment development etc.
- Assist participants with healthcare management, financial skills and household management
- Transport individuals as needed to appointments, events etc.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver' s license with at least 3 years driving experience with less than 3 moving violations.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be free from convictions of child abuse, felony, physical or sexual assault, past employment history of abuse, mistreatment, neglect and any other conduct deemed disqualifying by Looking Upwards.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.