Industry: Health & Human Services
Job Number: 1872
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for James L. Maher Center. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: James L. Maher Center
JOB TITLE: Direct Support Professional
LOCATION: Middletown, RI
HOURS: Full Time or Part Time, Days or Evenings
This position is offering a $250.00 sign on bonus, $250 referral bonus as well as a weekend shift differential! The James L. Maher Center has a competitive benefits package available for full-time employees.
- Provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities fostering independence through active participation
- Provide services to persons with developmental disabilities within the context of an environment that is free from any type of abuse, neglect, mistreatment or any other human rights violation
- Must work closely with the Residential Nurse to support clients with medication administration and other related duties where applicable while fostering an atmosphere and environment of healthy physical-living
- Ability to lift, bend and transfer when necessary when supporting clients
- Provide personal care/hygiene support when necessary
- Possible use of own vehicle, providing transportation for activities and appointments
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Applicant must pass a National Criminal Background check
- Valid Driver' s License
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Flexibility & Dependability
- Ability to work in a team oriented setting
- Good oral and written communication skills and competencies
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and James L. Maher Center will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.