Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Goetz Composites. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Goetz Composites
JOB TITLE: Composite Technician
LOCATION: Bristol, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 1st Shift
The Composite Tech supports all aspects of the manufacturing operation. This position is expected to operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare work areas. A Composite Tech must have superior knowledge of the materials and processes used in the manufacturing process of composite structures
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team, dedicated to producing the highest quality products for a variety of industries
- Maintain a clean job site
- Handle and store all materials appropriately per product specifications.
- Fabricate and assemble composite parts
- Perform tool preparation, lamination, vacuum bagging, oven operation and finishing
- Rout, drill, trim and sand composite parts according to drawing dimensions and tolerances
- Operate a variety of hand tools and power tools
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
-US Citizenship is required
- Ability to read and follow written work instructions
- Perform simple measurements (length, weight, thickness, etc.) using appropriate instrumentation
- Familiarity and willingness to work in an industrial environment
- Attention to detail, cleanliness, familiarity with hand tools, and mechanical aptitude
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with coworkers
- Must have no known allergy to epoxy agents and have the ability to become certified to wear a respirator
- The position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day
- The employee must frequently lift and move items weighing over 50 pounds.
- The position requires good mechanical dexterity
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Goetz Composites will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.