Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Goetz Composites. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Goetz Composites
JOB TITLE: Composite Technician
LOCATION: Bristol, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 1st Shift
The Composite Tech supports all aspects of the manufacturing operation. This position is expected to operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare work areas. A Composite Tech must have superior knowledge of the materials and processes used in the manufacturing process of composite structure.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. This position is occasionally expected to work in outside weather conditions.
- Maintain a clean job site
- Handle and store all materials appropriately per product specifications.
- Fabricate and assemble composite parts
- Perform tool preparation, lamination, vacuum bagging, oven operation and finishing
- Rout, drill, trim and sand composite parts according to drawing dimensions and tolerances
- Operate a variety of hand tools and power tools
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- One year of composite experience
- Ability to read and follow written work instructions
- Perform simple measurements (length, weight, thickness, etc.) using appropriate instrumentation
- Familiarity and willingness to work in an industrial environment
- Attention to detail, cleanliness, familiarity with hand tools, and mechanical aptitude
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with coworkers
- Must have no known allergy to epoxy agents and have the ability to become certified to wear a respirator
- The position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day
- The employee must frequently lift and move items weighing over 50 pounds.
- The position requires good mechanical dexterity
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Goetz Composites will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.