Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Component Packager
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, Permanent or Temporary available
Under the general supervision of the packaging supervisor, inspects and assembles, and packages consumable accessories into designated bags and boxes utilizing counting scales, bag sealing machine, labeling machines, and other specialized jigs and equipment. The individual must be able to follow detailed working instructions.
- Packages materials according to pre-set instructions (API and BOM) within established quality and time standards.
- Responsible for performing quality checks on raw parts and packages and removing any defective items.
- Records accurate data.
- Maintains proper housekeeping practices and use of personal protective equipment.
- Contributes to success of team by submitting improvement ideas, identifying potential problems, providing feedback on new methods or method changes and by displaying a positive, cooperative attitude in working with orders.
- Adherence to safety policies.
- Transports products from White Packaging area into Brown packaging area for processing.
- Individual must be willing to cross train in other areas and perform in those areas when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training
- Basic math skills
- Ability to speak read and write English.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Prior experience using scales
- Basic computer skills
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee can sit or stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.