600 East Greenwich Avenue
Job Number: 1420
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: Component Engineer
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
The Component Engineer sources, selects, and qualifies components used in the company' s technology. Investigates alternate component technologies or supplies, reducing cost and improving quality and reliability. Acts as technical interface between component/production suppliers and development engineers, determining new and alternate sources. Investigates alternate component technologies or supplies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability, and implements changes. Develops guidelines/procedures on vendor selection. Evaluates supplier change notification and qualifies changes, as needed. Maintains component data management system including qualification records/results/documentation.
- Component Obsolescence management (monitor, identify and resolve lifecycle issues)
- Enter components into the component obsolescence database system
- Monitor system(s) for EOL parts
- Sourcing of new parts
- Datasheet reviews
- Verification of new and changed parts
- Formal qualification of parts in house or at third party test house.
- Evaluate and recommend updates to the obsolescence management system
- Support design engineers when looking for new parts
- Submit ECO’ s to change parts as needed and work with project coordinators to notify customers of changes
- Coordinate with manufacturing to evaluate and solve component issues in manufacturing.
Successful candidates will have:
- BS in Electrical Engineering (recommended)
- 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to design/redesign circuit boards
- Ability to Author test documents (plans/procedures/reports)
- Verbal and written communication with customers
- Ability to perform circuit analysis
- Ability to rework circuit boards recommended
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.