Skills for Rhode Island's Future (Skills RI) is recruiting a Civil Engineer and a Senior Civil Engineer to perform work in the area of marine port infrastructure.
Please read more about Skills RI at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Company Confidential
JOB TITLE: Civil Engineer & Senior Civil Engineer
LOCATION: Providence, RI
A Skills For Rhode Island’s Future client seeks to hire both a Civil Engineer and a Senior Civil to support the Bureau of Natural Resource efforts to promote and engage with natural and recreation resources. Projects will include master planning and design of sites and structures that support the Department's mission to protect, restore and promote the State's natural resources . Candidates will have entry-level knowledge of engineering design, construction, and project management work. Anticipated duties include preparing site plans, developing preliminary solicitations/RFP's and related.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited engineering curriculum in Civil Engineering. At the time of appointment must possess, at least an Engineer-in-Training certificate of registration issued by the Rhode Island State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and must maintain such as a condition of continued employment. (Valid PE is a plus)
- Participate in the design and implementation of plans which protect natural resources and facilitate public enjoyment of those resources.
- Monitor and document the workmanship and practices of contractors engaged in these projects.
- Review plans, specifications and designs by contractors, architects or engineers.
- Ensure collaboration with internal and external stakeholder groups to ensure that needs are met in the design and construction processes.
- Coordinate application processes for various building (including MEP, fire, etc.), stormwater and related permitting requirements. Monitor project work to ensure permit compliance.
- Monitor design and construction work to ensure that contract schedules are maintained.
- Review contracts and specifications prepared by consultant firms for use on specific projects to ensure that all items are addressed in a relevant, comprehensive and appropriate manner.
- Participate in the negotiation with consultants regarding project work and fees.
- Review requests for payment, contract amendments and other changes; analyze the request and make recommendations to supervisors; prepare materials to process such.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Scope out and monitor the activities of technical and professional contractors.
- Read and interpret the assigned types of civil engineering plans, maps and specifications.
- Prepare accurate engineering proposals, papers, plans, and technical correspondence; the ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Maintain project files.
- Related work as required.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices as applied to stormwater management, utilities, horizontal and vertical construction.
- Working knowledge of project management methods and techniques.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, including WORD, Excel, Outlook, Power Point; Experience with MS Project is a “plus”
- Experience with computer technology for engineering applications.
- Ability to utilize desktop GIS
- Ability to utilize desktop CADD is a “plus”
- Ability to perform computations applied to standard engineering operations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective writing capability and ability to effectively deliver oral presentations
- The position will be based in offices located in Providence, RI
- Work is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Up to 2 days/week available for remote work
- Free parking at office available
- Work/Life Balance
- Background check required
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Company Confidential will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.