Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
HOURS: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift available, both full and part time opportunities available
- Demonstrates an understanding of relationship-based care and Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service Standards.
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse to set priorities and organize work.
- Communicates all pertinent patient observations to the responsible Registered Nurse.
- Administers direct physical care and assists with other activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Assists with admissions, transfers and discharges of patients.
- Monitors and records vital signs, intake and outputs. Reports findings to responsible Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the lifespan, with consideration of aging processes.
- Reinforces basic health/hygiene, mobility, and patient teaching.
- Demonstrates understanding of the medical record and on-line documentation policies.
- Maintains competence of use in current computer systems.
- Exercises proper care in the use of equipment and reports need to repair to the appropriate person.
- Demonstrates adherence to universal precautions, safety programs and other infection control measures.
- Demonstrates ability to perform responsibilities in emergency/code situations.
- Serves as a patient/family advocate.
- Performs other Nursing Assistant related duties as outlined by the Rhode Island Department of Health License for a Nursing Assistant.
- Demonstrates the responsibilities of the nursing assistant in patient safety initiatives, e.g. falls prevention.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current Rhode Island registration as a Nursing Assistant.
- Current CPR certification.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.