Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
HOURS: 2nd/3rd Shift
- Demonstrates an understanding of relationship-based care and Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service Standards.
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse to set priorities and organize work.
- Communicates all pertinent patient observations to the responsible Registered Nurse.
- Administers direct physical care and assists with other activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Assists with admissions, transfers and discharges of patients.
- Monitors and records vital signs, intake and outputs. Reports findings to responsible Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the lifespan, with consideration of aging processes.
- Reinforces basic health/hygiene, mobility, and patient teaching.
- Demonstrates understanding of the medical record and on-line documentation policies.
- Maintains competence of use in current computer systems.
- Exercises proper care in the use of equipment and reports need to repair to the appropriate person.
- Demonstrates adherence to universal precautions, safety programs and other infection control measures.
- Demonstrates ability to perform responsibilities in emergency/code situations.
- Serves as a patient/family advocate.
- Performs other Nursing Assistant related duties as outlined by the Rhode Island Department of Health License for a Nursing Assistant.
- Demonstrates the responsibilities of the nursing assistant in patient safety initiatives, e.g. falls prevention.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current Rhode Island registration as a Nursing Assistant.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current BLS Certification
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.