167 Point St Providence, RI 02903
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Central Transport Aide
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
HOURS: Full Time, Part Time, 2nd &3rd Shift
- Follows established procedures to transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher to areas within hospital complex as assigned by dispatcher or according needs of assigned area.
- Regularly collects laboratory specimens, medical records, x-ray lab reports, prescriptions, and medications not governed by special controls and distributes them to appropriate areas.
- Moves equipment on wheels and/or other moderately heavy equipment and materials such as hospital beds, carts, cardiac monitors and supplies.
- Maintains a written log of all assignments recording department items or patients transported and times of initiation and completion for presentation to supervisor at end of shift.
Successful candidates will have:
- The level of education normally attained in courses at secondary School Levels.
- The verbal skills needed to understand English Instructions and the writing skills needed to maintain a daily log.
- Visual Acuity to check name bracelets, envelopes, etc. to ensure proper delivery
- Physical ability to stand and walk almost continuously and to lift, carry, and push patients and moderately heavy materials
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.