Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Case Worker
LOCATION: Central Falls, Johnston, Pawtucket, Smithfield, and Charlestown – Candidates will be assigned to a “ home base,” but will be asked to cover shifts in other locations.
HOURS: 2nd or 3rd shift available
Maximize residents’ success, satisfaction and ownership in their living and working environment through effective skills-trainings and relationship building. To maintain a safe, clean and therapeutic environment within the residential program. To provide client driven services that ensures quality and excellence in client care and the facility of client recovery.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and therapeutic environment within the residential program (this can include light cooking & cleaning)
- Plan activities & events within the home, as well as within the community
- Drive residents to appointments or community events
- Screen for substance abuse
- Facilitate ADL skill-building for residential living and for community integration through supervising and teaching clients daily medication routines, budgeting, self-preservation skills, transportation, etc. Provide opportunities for skills practice and collaborative learning.
- Participate on a multi-disciplinary team in the development and implementation of client treatment plans and progress reviews, engaging clients whenever possible in the planning and evaluation process.
- Provide, coordinate and monitor treatment services for all assigned clients. Includes but not limited to contact with the client, as prescribed in the treatment plan; provision and coordination of care prescribed in the treatment plan through documented contact and implementation of assigned activities with client, client’ s family, other Gateway staff, consultants and treatment plan designated staff from other human service agencies and medically oriented organizations. Monitoring the effectiveness of care provided by the program or through other service providers, by comparing service provided with service outcomes, as specified in the treatment plan.
- Provide shift coverage which includes but is not limited to carrying out the many functions of household maintenance, especially cleaning and meal preparation, assist in resolution of medical, psychiatric and behavioral crises, conflict resolution and symptom management.
- Attend supervision and team meetings as required.
- Maintaining current knowledge and updates of agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure Gateway office areas, residential programs are safe and secure via checking door and window locks and by knowing the whereabouts of all residence at all times during course of work shift.
- Schedule treatment plan meetings, facilitate treatment plan meetings, utilize assessment information, diagnostic results, medical record, client and family participation and participation of other human service providers to develop and document assessments and treatment plans/reviews in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Ability to screen for substance abuse and provide assessment with indicated treatment planning, counseling/education and referral.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Ability to remain in shift until appropriately relieved by another staff member. (This could result in working two consecutive shifts as designated by supervisor.)
Successful candidates will have:
- 2+ years' experience working in Social Work/Mental Health/Substance Abuse, preferred, and/or an Associate' s Degree in a related field
- Maintain flexibility toward work schedules. Ability to work schedule as posted and assigned, to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform routine household chores involving some lifting and bending.
- Ability to communicate with clients and other staff face to face and by telephone.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certification and first aid training and monitor client’ s vital signs as required.
- Valid driver' s license & insured automobile
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to complete all clinical and administrative documentation as required.
- Ability to write correspondence, reports, care plans, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to access emergency resources to effectively manage crisis situations and ensure safety of clients and colleagues.
- Ability to maintain currently knowledge of all organization policy and procedures and protocols and guidelines, to ensure compliance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training and certifications
- Oral and written communication skills, including speech, grammar, spelling, and legibility are at sufficient level to ensure effective and appropriate communication.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals either manually or by use of a calculator.
- Uses and accesses information in client’ s health information record or about a client only as necessary to actual duties and then only in accordance with access levels assigned to this position by Gateway Healthcare Inc. from time-to-time and in accordance with Gateway Healthcare Inc. policies, rules, and procedures as adopted by Gateway Healthcare Inc. from time-to-time.
- Comply with agency ethics and codes of conduct in all contacts with clients, co-workers and the community
- Observe all agency policies and procedures; complying with all policies and procedures and protocols and guidelines.
- Must be able to appreciate the sensitive/private nature and legal status of information about individual clients obtained, maintained, or used by Gateway Healthcare Inc. and to not access, use, disclose, or request such information about a client unless necessary to the performance of his/her job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the main duties and responsibilities of this job.
Other duties with different demands may also be assigned by the employee' s supervisor. Gateway complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and analogous state statutes. Therefore, to the extent required by law, Gateway will make reasonable accommodations to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of their positions.
Employees and applicants should discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with Human Resources at any time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the abilities to adjust focus. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.