The SkillsRI Career Coach works with Rhode Islanders to identify, connect, and/or develop opportunities with job training programs, internships, career enhancement services, employer visits, and other skill-building activities.
COMPANY NAME: Skills for Rhode Island's Future
JOB TITLE: Career Coach (Bilingual)
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time
The SkillsRI Career Coach will be responsible for understanding individuals’ unique employment interests and trajectories to map where SkillsRI services might intersect with each person’s career pathways.
The SkillsRI Career Coach will:
- Identify a set of experiences, communicate opportunities in a manner that is meaningful to the candidate, and assess job seekers' education and employment needs
- Provide help and guidance for job seekers who are facing various professional challenges including language barriers, disabilities, education level and others
- Help identify job seekers' strengths and skills through intake and assessment strategies and tools, instructing them how to apply those strengths
- Understand all training and education programs available to job seekers at SkillsRI and beyond; recommend and help enroll job seekers in appropriate programs based on career goals and offerings (in-person and virtual, multiple languages, etc.)
- Help job seekers access and register at ‘Skills Academy’, the agency’s online education and training hub
- Follow-up with all individuals registered at Skills Academy to document completion of trainings and courses in the agency’s CRM
- Counsel clients on fine-tuning work habits/skills in preparation for competitive employment
- Perform job coaching strategies
- Work with SkillsRI recruiters to find employment for job seekers post-trainings
- Uphold a positive work environment
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- Passion for SkillsRI’s mission and supporting Rhode Islanders seeking to enter new career pathways and achieve their employment goal/s.
- Experience providing outstanding supports to and working for individuals with who may present with barriers to employment.
- Provided high-quality supported employment services.
- Complex problem solving experience in workforce development.
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, customer service, empathy and resilience.
- Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment – able to adjust quickly to new responsibilities and be a change leader in the face of uncertainty.
- Outcome-oriented – project manage to drive results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to inspire and motivate
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Agile, lean, fast-paced, creative, hands-on.
- Accountable and performance-driven, regardless of time/resource constraints.
- Excel proficient. PowerPoint adept. CRM knowledgeable. Dedicated to data integrity.
- Familiarity with person-centered thinking and planning processes.
- 1-3 years of job coaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Ability to speak and understand both English and Spanish
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
This is a 12-month grant funded position which may be renewed pending additional grant funding.
How to Apply
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at?www.skillsforri.com/jobs.?Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future who will make the final hiring decisions.
About Skills for Rhode Island's Future (SkillsRI)
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit organization that identifies companies’ immediate hiring needs and connects them with qualified, unemployed or under employed job seekers and/or the resources necessary to fund training programs to equip job seekers with the skills to fill those positions. Launched in 2016, SkillsRI has placed over 1,600 unemployed or underemployed job seekers into employment through strong partnerships with over 80 committed, local employers.