Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Brown University. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Brown University
JOB TITLE: Cage Wash Technician
LOCATION: Providence, RI
Performs routine duties associated with cage sanitation and preparation for reuse in a research setting, including cage maintenance, monitoring equipment for proper functioning and maintaining sanitary conditions and daily records.
- Operates washers and ensures that cage washing and related equipment are in proper working order by cleaning, and preventive maintenance.
- Perform routine start-up and shut down procedures of all cage wash machines.
- Operate autoclave to sterilize or decontaminate caging equipment.
- Assist in receiving and storing materials, food and supplies.
- Transport caging supplies between animal rooms and cage wash rooms.
- Maintain sanitary conditions of cage washing rooms and other ancillary areas, such as hallways and storage areas.
- Take the necessary precautions, in keeping with OSHA standards and other applicable federal and state regulations, when working with hazardous chemicals, materials, animals and power equipment.
- Use personal protective equipment as required. Perform related responsibilities as required.
Successful candidates will have:
How to ApplyFor more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Brown University will make the final hiring decisions.
- High school diploma or GED required
- BCI and physical
- Preferred: 1-2 year’s related experience working with cage wash and/or animals in a laboratory or clinical setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: AALAS Certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) level.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
- Excellent organizational, time management and recordkeeping skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to work and contribute effectively in a team setting.
Why Apply Through Skills for Rhode Island’s Future
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.