Job Number: 1413
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Ocean State Job Lot. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Ocean State Job Lot
JOB TITLE: Business Intelligence & Analytics Development Manager
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
- Day to day management of BI&A team, including operational stability, development processes, and Associate learning and growth
- Institute standard development methodologies to ensure that the team is using best practices for collaborative coding, modular efficiency, version control, QA and release management
- Development of operational production support practices and processes to ensure stability of critical BI business applications
- Draw on strong business and statistical knowledge to organize research or development projects, including identification of relevant data points, data extraction and transformation, data model building, and visualizations
- Engage with Planning & Analytics department to define and prioritize BI&A requirements and manage overall delivery of critical information to the business
- Identify opportunities to expand the breadth of data that is consumed and analyzed within the BI&A platforms
- Lead the BI&A team to build the roles, skills, processes and collaboration with other teams necessary to improve solution delivery speed and improve end user satisfaction
- Serve as Product Owner for existing BI reporting, drive recommendations for product enhancements or new capabilities
- Contribute to data model and reporting solution design sessions
- Manage BI&A request backlogs and report on development progress to stakeholders
- Develop an advanced understanding of industry trends, metrics, and KPI benchmarks
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Data Analytics; Master’ s degree or MBA desired
- 10+ years professional experience with progressive growth in responsibility and scope
- Leadership of a BI&A or software development team
- BI&A practices and concepts, data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing
- Advanced understanding of the full reporting delivery life cycle, from requirements definition to report development and testing required
- Knowledge of standard software development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
- Advanced proficiency in multiple programming and database languages
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Ocean State Job Lot will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.