Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Epiq. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Epiq
JOB TITLE: Business Analyst
LOCATION: Providence, RI
Epiq Systems is seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst with demonstrated ability to drive the advancement of software products through requirements gathering and quality assurance. This position will require frequent interaction with a combination of business stakeholders and software engineers and requires strong quality assurance experience.
- Facilitate and capture communications with business stakeholders to understand the business needs of our customers, turning these into detailed product and program requirements. Stakeholders include business partners, implementation and support teams, and technical specialists.
- Analyze and assess business problems and processes by applying conceptual knowledge and discretion to independently de? ne functional and non-functional requirements for technology solutions, consult and make recommendations to business practice and product management.
- Ensure that new and existing product functionality are reliable, defect free and function as intended
- Create, document, verify and execute automated component-level to user acceptance test plans and test cases
- Work closely with business partners and the application development team in eliciting project requirements to create test cases
- Formulate cases for acceptance testing, verifying that the software meets the business requirement. The business analyst owns the acceptance testing results and provides recommendation for signing off on software readiness.
- Contribute to product release and launch activities.
- Assist software engineering and product management to improve standards and practices in the establishment of a best in class business ‘ productization’ or program, technology and service solutions.
- Work closely with software engineering teams and product management to represent the customer, setting priorities when con? icts arise, answering speci? c requirements questions and monitoring progress towards project deliverables. Escalate risks to management proactively.
Successful candidates will have:
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience-facilitating conversations and creating deliverables with the mix of stakeholders from customers to technologists, while uncovering true needs, problems and effectively working with the team to execute technology-based solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience as technical or functional product business analyst and or product owner
- 3+ years’ experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and SDLC
- Familiar with test automation and software and test management systems
- Some professional experience with Selenium
- Requires a four-year college degree (e.g., B.S., B.A., Computer Science, Business Information Systems preferred) or equivalent
- Knowledge of software development framework, architecture concepts and terminology
- Ability to effectively and actively communicate with both business and technical stakeholders and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong deductive reasoning and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic environment under tight timelines, while adaptive to change
- Strong analytical and technical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ideal candidate will possess experience in either eDiscovery or the legal business practice
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System and Team Foundation Server technologies 2013 preferred (or equivalent)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Epiq will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.