Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Rhode Island Medical Imaging. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Rhode Island Medical Imaging
JOB TITLE: Billing Specialist
LOCATION: Remote after successful training is completed
HOURS: Monday- Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM
Under the general supervision of the PFS, Supervisor, this position is responsible for the billing and collection of selected claims for Rhode Island Medical Imaging. This position also assists patients with questions regarding coverage and payment issues. The position is a key component of the cash flow for the institution.
- Consistently applies the corporate values of respect, honesty, fairness, and the constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status of the people of the region through the provision of customer-friendly, geographically accessible, and high-value services within the environment of a diagnostic imaging company.
- Ensures all interactions are in compliance with HIPAA, and federal and state compliance regulations.
- Understands all elements associated with completing HCFA 1500 billing forms for the selected payor(s) he/she is responsible for. Understands and resources billing guidelines for each of his/her payor responsibilities and keeps abreast of related changes.
- Recommends modifications to RIMI’s billing system based on knowledge of billing guidelines.
- Is familiar with CPT codes, HCPC codes and ICD-10 codes. Uses department and payor resources to ensure billing is accurate and complete.
- Completes billing and collection duties in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Takes initiative relative to duties, pointing out possible issues or concerns to the Supervisor, PFS Manager and/or Executive Director.
- Ability to adapt, in a timely manner, to changes in billing/collecting rules as defined by insurance companies and/or Management.
- Ensures all claims are in compliance with the respective carrier rules as well as HIPAA and federal compliance regulations.
- Reviews monthly accounts receivable aging report(s) for assigned payor class and takes action to resolve outstanding accounts and credit balances in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a team environment, including cross-training and filling in for other team members when directed by the Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Enlists the help of the PFS Supervisor or Manager on an as-needed basis to ensure accounts remain collectible.
- Keeps current with all insurance changes regarding policy and coverage guidelines.
- Assists patients with questions regarding their bills in an efficient and professional manner.
- Maintains a professional manner at all times.
- Participates in meetings on an as-requested basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to operate modern office machinery; to enter and retrieve information via the PC. Must have knowledge of third-party billing requirements.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to handle and prioritize workload and work as a team member.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Post-high school courses in insurance billing, computer basics, and medical terminology are preferred.
- One year of third party billing experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Rhode Island Medical Imaging will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.