Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for James L. Maher Center. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: James L. Maher Center
JOB TITLE: Behavioral Specialist
LOCATION: Acquidnick Island, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, one weekend day required
The Behavioral Specialist (BS) provides short time, intensive, behavioral interventions and replacement skill-building strategies for our participants. The BS will provide social-emotional-behavioral supports within the context of the participant’ s overall ISP addressing specific behaviors and offering immediate reinforcement. Specific services include, but are not limited to, cognitive behavioral approaches, positive support, structured activities and implementing de-escalation strategies. This position involves working designated shifts with varying hours.
- Provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities fostering independence through active participation
- Provide services to persons with developmental disabilities within the context of an environment that is free from any type of abuse, neglect, mistreatment or any other human rights violation
- Must work closely with the Residential Nurse to support clients with medication administration and other related duties - where applicable - while fostering an atmosphere and environment of healthy physical-living
- Ability to lift, bend and transfer - if/when necessary - when supporting clients
- Provide personal care/hygiene support when necessary
- Possible use of own vehicle, providing transportation for activities and appointments
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Flexibility & Dependability
- Provide therapeutic behavioral supports to participants to assist with their individual needs, including interventions, treatment options and restoration of daily living skills and crisis prevention services
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organization
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, collaborating with support staff, psychologists, and administrators in structured problem solving and coordination of programs
- Maintain confidentiality
- Complete all paperwork and documentation in a timely manner
- Attend all staff, team, and ISP meeting and trainings
Successful candidates will have:
- Associates Degree and two or more years of related field experience and training OR high school diploma or GED with four or more years of related experience and training in residential setting
- Valid Driver' s License
- Applicant must pass a National Criminal Background check with fingerprints
- Availability to work various shifts, weekends and evenings, as indicated by participant needs
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and James L. Maher Center will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.