Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Bradford Soap Works. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Bradford Soap Works
JOB TITLE: Batch Maker
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 3rd shift opening
- Perform supply operation including preparation and setup of raw materials, soap stock and equipment.
- Operate the amalgamators and supporting equipment of the production line and produce soap at the specified quantity and quality levels.
- Maintain product quality standards by observation, sampling and operating equipment necessary to monitor product quality.
- Maintain the necessary production accounting records and reports to include batch card, process control and quality.
- Properly package all supplies to be returned to inventory or scrapped.
- Comply with procedures, methods, and standards in adherence with Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
- Knowledge of characteristics of soap bases and raw materials, including moisture levels, additives and techniques for incorporating theses additives into the final product.
- General knowledge of soap converting equipment, stamping and packaging equipment and finished product handling equipment.
- Operating details of the production processing equipment.
- Operating details of the product handling equipment.
- Understanding of quality parameters as they relate to finished product.
- Feedback is essential to good performance. Two-way communication is encouraged between Supervisor and Operator on a continuing basis.
- Maintain an acceptable level of orderliness and cleanliness in areas of assigned work.
- Understanding of and adherence to machine safety.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in manufacturing is not required and training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Ability to follow all Good Manufacturing Procedure’ s (GMP' s) and Quality Assurance requirements for the company and customers.
- Forklift experience preferred
- CDL is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Bradford Soap Works will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.