200 Providence Street
Job Number: 1627
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Bradford Soap Works. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Bradford Soap Works
JOB TITLE: Batch Maker
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
- Perform supply operation including preparation and setup of raw materials, soap stock and equipment.
- Operate the amalgamators and supporting equipment of the production line and produce soap at the specified quantity and quality levels.
- Maintain product quality standards by observation, sampling and operating equipment necessary to monitor product quality.
- Maintain the necessary production accounting records and reports to include batch card, process control and quality.
- Properly package all supplies to be returned to inventory or scrapped.
- Comply with procedures, methods, and standards in adherence with Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
- Knowledge of characteristics of soap bases and raw materials, including moisture levels, additives and techniques for incorporating theses additives into the final product. General knowledge of soap converting equipment, stamping and packaging equipment and finished product handling equipment.
- Operating details of the production processing equipment.
- Operating details of the product handling equipment.
- Understanding of quality parameters as they relate to finished product.
- Feedback is essential to good performance. Two-way communication is encouraged between Supervisor and Operator on a continuing basis.
- Maintain an acceptable level of orderliness and cleanliness in areas of assigned work.
- Understanding of and adherence to machine safety.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in manufacturing is not required and training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Ability to follow all Good Manufacturing Procedure’ s (GMP' s) and Quality Assurance requirements for the company and customers.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Bradford Soap Works will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.