Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Rhode Island Medical Imaging. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Rhode Island Medical Imaging
JOB TITLE: Authorization Specialist
LOCATION: Warwick, Rhode Island
HOURS: Monday-Friday 9:30 AM-6:00 PM
Under the general supervision of the PFS Supervisor, this position is responsible for obtaining prior authorizations, verifying insurance and collection of selected accounts for Rhode Island Medical Imaging. This position also assists patients with questions regarding coverage and payment issues. The position is a key component of the cash flow for the institution.
- Consistently applies the corporate values of respect, honesty, fairness, and constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status for the people of the region through the provision of customer-friendly, geographically accessible and high-value services within the environment of a diagnostic imaging company.
- Ensures that all interactions are in compliance with HIPAA, federal and compliance regulations.
- Is sensitive to the nuances of collecting money for medical services, at the same time effective at getting payment for said services.
- Understands the elements associated with completing the HCFA 1500 billing form for payor(s). Understands and resources billing guidelines for each payor and keeps abreast of related changes.
- Is familiar with CPT codes, HCPC codes and ICD-10 codes. Uses department and payor resources to ensure accounts are accurate and complete.
- Can effectively utilize the billing and scheduling software to ensure efficient work flow.
- Obtains prior authorizations for selected exams from insurance companies and notes system accordingly.
- Obtains insurance verification and out of pocket expenses for patients prior to his/her exam.
- Communicates out of pocket expenses to the patient and notes accounts accordingly.
- Assists patients with questions regarding their benefits and out of pocket expenses.
- Works daily eligibility reports for hospital sites to verify insurance information.
- Takes initiative relative to duties, pointing out possible issues or concerns to the Supervisor, Manager and/or Executive Director.
- Ability to adapt, in a timely manner, to changes in collection rules as defined by State and/or Federal law and/or Management.
- Ensures all interactions are in compliance with HIPAA and federal compliance regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment, including cross training and filling in for other team members when directed by the Supervisor, Manager and/or Director.
- Enlists the help of the Supervisor on an as needed basis to ensure accounts remain collectable.
- Keeps current with insurance changes regarding policy and coverage guidelines.
- Assists patients with questions regarding their benefits and out of pocket expenses in an efficient and professional manner.
- Maintains a professional manner at all times, and adheres to all company policy and procedures
- Participates in meetings on an as requested basis/Performs other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to operate modern office machinery; to enter and retrieve information via the PC.
- Must have knowledge of third-party billing requirements.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be a decision maker, able to handle and prioritize workload and work as a team member.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Post high school courses in insurance billing, computer basics and medical terminology preferred
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- One year of Prior Authorization experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Rhode Island Medical Imaging will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.