Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Assembler II
LOCATION: East Providence
- Experience with ATE & manual test equipment and file recorded data.
- Aptitude to properly handle and assemble electronic circuit boards and control cabinets.
- Aptitude to properly handle and assemble mechanical components and systems.
- Comprehends SAP operating system, production orders, picks components and prints labels.
- Understands assembly tooling and materials i.e. hand tools, toque wrenches, dispensers, epoxy, Loctite, lubricants, sealants, etc.
- Uses and understands all test equipment, assembly tooling and materials for their intended use.
- Maintains a safe, clean, systematic and organized work area at all times.
- Wears the appropriate PPE (safety gear) at all times such as safety glasses, SD straps, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED or 1 year of related experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written API instructions.
- Ability to write correspondence and communicate with associated employees.
- Use of computer navigation skills.
- Proficient in the use of small delicate hand tools.
- Soldering experience and or certified in soldering.
- Computer navigation skills and knowledge of SAP order generation, confirmation and label making.
- Flexible to work overtime including weekends.
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee must wear safety glasses and or corrective safety eye wear to have proper corrective vision. The employee may sit or stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, flumes or airborne particles and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.