Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for University Orthopedics Inc. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: University Orthopedics Inc.
JOB TITLE: Appointment Coordinator
HOURS: Full Time 10:30 AM - 7 PM
This team-oriented position is responsible for answering incoming calls; scheduling, rescheduling and canceling patient appointments; directing calls to the proper locations; processing incoming electronic referrals; various operator and administrative duties as assigned. Must be professional, compassionate, detail-oriented, have exceptional phone skills, strong communication and customer service skills and be able to handle a very fast-paced environment.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication
- Register patient; obtain and enter accurate demographic information into computer system (address, telephone number, name of insurance and verification of health insurance)
- Work closely with billing team for insurance eligibility, and insurance referral requirements
- Schedule appointment – triage patient problem and schedule with appropriate UOI physician
- Review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller
- Prepare patient for appointment-what to bring, location, etc. (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, parking, etc.)
- Remind caller of cancellation/no-show policy
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused
- Service and a positive impression of the organization
- Efficient use of Athena EMR for appointment scheduling as well as sending messages to providers and coworkers
- Collaborate and develop strong professional relationships with the Administrative Assistant team members
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager to meet department needs
Successful candidates will have:
- High school graduate with demonstrated maturity to deal with confidential information
- Must be able to travel to all sites if/when necessary.
- Must be able to work the hours needed in the Patient Access Center department, including occasional Saturday hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone
- Ability to handle a "call center" environment: work quickly and multi-task
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to exercise good telephone manners to handle calls appropriately
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and sensitivity to caller
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Very familiar with computer functions and Microsoft programs
- Ability to type quickly and accurately while speaking on the phone
- Pertinent job-related experience such as medical office receptionists and medical assistants with familiarity to medical terminology, but willing to train a strong candidate
- Professional, pleasant, cheerful, and neat appearance required
- Ethical and positive work principles
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and University Orthopedics Inc. will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work