Job Number: 1398
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Newport, RI
HOURS: Day shift, Full Time
- Greets visitors to the Administrative Offices and directs them appropriately.
- Answers screens and effectively handles telephone calls providing information/resolution or forwarding as appropriate.
- Provides information resolves matters on own authority according to established policies drawing on knowledge of department affiliates and external organizations.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily functions to maximize efficiency.
- Provides secretarial support to various departments and functions including but not limited to typing preparation and maintenance of minutes forms and other documents.
- Serves as liaison between Administrators and internal/external constituencies.
- Coordinates appointments and meetings keeping all parties apprised.
- Makes arrangements for various administrative and committee meetings
- Types proofreads and distributes a variety of documents using proper formats grammar usage spelling and punctuation
- Prepares policies and procedures by typing new policies revising distributing maintaining distribution lists and maintaining all manuals computer and historical files.
- Posts information and documents to Lifespan Intranet and appropriate Newport Hospital websites.
- Collects aggregates and reports data on hospital-wide divisional and department-specific performance indicators.
- Arranges travel plans as requested to minimize travel associated costs.
- Reconciles business expense statements and receipts.
- Opens and reviews incoming correspondence; prioritizes and disseminates obtaining necessary back up information prior to forwarding. Prepares responses to routine and non-routine correspondence based upon experience with or knowledge of the subject matter or as directed.
- Maintains computer and general files to ensure confidentiality and accessibility of current and complete information.
- Books conference rooms as requested.
- Performs a variety of other administrative functions involving interactions with other departments including the completion of cash vouchers check requests travel requests personnel/payroll requests material requisitions and capital expenditure requests.
- Maintains adequate inventory of department office supplies. Prepares requisitions for needed equipment or supplies and submits for approval.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize PC and Microsoft Office software accurately and efficiently.
- Identifies and appropriately refers to Vice Presidents/Directors any issues of which they should be made aware.
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical office experience.
- Patient registration experience.
- Patient scheduling experience.
- Ability to operate word processing equipment and medical transcription skills and proficient with PC programs.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for laboratory chemical safety and blood/body fluid biohazard precautions.
- Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.