Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for GEV Wind Power. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: GEV Wind Power
JOB TITLE: Traveling Composite Blade Technician
LOCATION: Based in Rhode Island (Position requires travel)
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:30am- 5:30pm (Role will involve overtime)
- Inspect and photograph internal and external blade damage, document findings, and assemble all associated paperwork as required to be posted for further action by Engineering
- Perform coating and minor structural repairs on internal and external blade surfaces, tip repair, leading and trailing edge repair while following guidelines provided by Engineering with locations both up tower and down tower
- Working at heights of 300ft or more
- Help in all areas of site preparation (i.e. coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision
- Document all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures
- Communicate site status to engineering, customers, and management
- Provide maintenance support and perform large component replacement of wind turbine generators
- Understand composite lamination principles and post curing
- Travel will be required
- Rotation away from home 6 weeks away 2 weeks at home
- Extended working days and week whilst on project
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous experience and/or education in composites or composite repair
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Medically capable to work at heights.
- Experienced working autonomously on site and in foreign locations.
- A strong focus on health and safety in the workplace.
- Global Wind Organization Training – will be provided
- Strong team player with willingness to collaborate and communicate with external and internal customers and colleagues.
- High awareness of quality.
- Personal flexibility is necessary.
- X1.5 regular rate of pay for each hour over 40 hours per week
- Over time will be expected when on rotation up to 12 hours per day 7 days per week
- Health care provided matched 50% by GEV and 50% by employee
- Or $550 per month allowance towards own private insurance
- 12 paid vacation days
- 3 paid sick days
- All US public holidays
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and GEV Wind Power will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.