COMPANY NAME: Brown University
JOB TITLE: Cook II
LOCATION: Providence, RI
Hours: Full-time, Third shift
As a member of a production team and under general supervision, performs a variety of functions related to the production and service of the menu of the day and catered functions with minimal supervision, and guides and trains lower classification production staff as needed.
- Performs tasks and responsibilities described in job position description at a higher level, and with minimal supervision.
- Anticipates needs and assures availability of raw products for daily and future production as assigned.
- Assures production is timely and completed as close to service as possible.
- Possesses a developed a sense of the overall production scheduling of the unit task status, and service requirements, and assists others as needed.
- Improves skills by learning and practicing the skills and responsibilities of a First Cook.
- Guides and trains lower classification employees in task accomplishment.
- Assumes responsibility of production subsystems, including catering.
- Assists in basic dessert preparation.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Performs other tasks as requested..
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Required to stand for extended periods; walk; sit, bend; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, use hands to finger, handle, slice, dice, chop, using controls on kitchen equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; smell, talk or hear
- Must occasionally lift or move products and supplies up to 50 pounds.
- Push and/or pull carts weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must consistently use all Personal Protective Equipment per Brown Dining Services guidelines
- Must wear a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
- Frequently moves about campus to various locations for catered events.
- Ability to tolerate heat and cold temperatures
How to Apply
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Brown University will make the final hiring decisions.
Why Apply Through Skills for Rhode Island’s Future
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.