Three Flat Street
Post Date: 06/13/2018
Job ID: 885
Industry: Building / Construction
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Herrick & White in Cumberland, RI. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
The Wood Finishing Technician is responsible for requisitioning, formulating and creating finish samples and all finishes for architectural grade cabinetry, millwork and various wood components. Successful applicants should be experienced, knowledgeable, and highly skilled in preparing custom stains, dyes, wash coats, primers and topcoats formulated to match approved control samples.
COMPANY NAME: Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers
JOB TITLE: Wood Finishing Technician
LOCATION: Cumberland, RI
SALARY: $15-22 per hour (based on experience)
- Access, requisition and manage all chemicals, products, and supplies required for the successful operation of all finishing projects
- Manage the safe and cost effective removal of hazardous waste associated with the Finish Department
- Prepare all finishes for all projects
- Create and maintain a data base for keeping records on all projects
- Manage and maintain project paperwork, documents, and physical samples
- Work proactively with other departments to determine finish quantities for each project
- Train, document, and manage all OSHA required “ fit testing” for workers
- Manage MSDS paperwork and filing activity consistent with H&W policy and OSHA regulations
- Ensure all safety practices, procedures and programs are followed including HAZCOM, Respirator, PPE
- Must have knowledge and experience to repair damaged work and apply field touchups as required
- Display a positive can do attitude
- Look for and suggest innovative ways to lower hours on jobs and maintain quality levels
- Promote coworkers and the company
- Must pass a pulmonary function test and be approved to wear a half face respirator at all times while in the spray room
- Knowledge of finishing systems, chemicals and equipment
- Knowledge of primary and secondary colors and the use of the “ color wheel” to aid in color creation and matching
- Knowledge of wood species and grain patterns
- Knowledge of respirator and PPE program requirements
- Must be detail oriented and capable of reading shop documents and drawings
- Ability to work on multiple projects with demanding deadlines
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with overtime work sometimes required
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker access to work.