167 Point St
Johnston & Pawtucket,
Industry: Health & Human Services
Job Number: 1263
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Vocational Specialist
LOCATION: Johnston & Pawtucket
HOURS: 1st, M-F, 8am-4: 30pm
The main goal for Vocational Specialists is to provide assistance & support to Consumers pursuing employment & educational goals. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide on-site training & support to consumers in employment sites
- Develop & coordinate meaningful vocational plans
- Develop Treatment Plans to promote optimal vocational functioning of Consumers
- Coordinate services including psychiatric, substance abuse, medical, vocational, income maintenance, and social & leisure activities
- Counsel Consumers in crisis, or at risk of harm to self or others
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, or equivalent, required
- SEP Certification (Supported Employment Professional)
- 2 years’ experience in career counseling, preferred
- Valid driver’ s license & insured automobile
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.