600 East Greenwich Avenue
Job Number: 1256
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
Design, develop, and implement software for desktop applications and firmware for embedded applications. The candidate will also participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, verification and certification of software. This person will work in the Product Identification business division.
Successful candidates will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in the field or in a related area.
- General knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the software engineering field.
- BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science required
- Knowledge and working experience with software development languages of C/C++/C#/.Net
- Knowledge and working experience with using Microsoft Visual Studio for MS Windows, any Assembly, C/C++, Linux or RTOS for embedded development useful
- Working knowledge of source control/version control concepts and bug tracking systems
- Any cross-platform development experience or development for macOS/iOS/Linux/Android helpful
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.