Job Number: 1239
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Shipper
LOCATION: East Providence
HOURS: M-F 8: 30AM-5PM
A shipper is responsible for picking, packing, and shipping domestic and international orders.
- Picks items on sales orders and re-checks order before packaging
- Selects shipping container and proper packaging for the shipment
- Red lines any unavailable items to complete shipment
- Packages order for shipment
- Separates and distributes orders to various departments on an as needed basis
- Operates a UPS Maxiship and Federal Express Powership computer system
- Picks packs and weighs orders requiring delivery charges to determine shipping costs
- Preparing international shipping documents
- Coordinates changes to sales orders with CSG
- Effectively presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Makes additions and withdrawals to physical inventory
- Can operate hand cart and forklift if necessary
Successful candidates will have:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
One year minimum related experience
Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
Ability to perform job duties using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
General computer knowledge
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.