292 Westminster Street
Post Date: 08/01/2018
Job ID: 989
Industry: Food Service
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Yoleni’ s Restaurant. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Yoleni’ s Restaurant
JOB TITLE: Sales Associate/Cashier
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: 8-hour shifts, hours vary (days, nights, holidays, weekends)
- Function as the host/hostess of the store for the walking-in customers
- Sell products and provide customer service, assist customers in location/selecting products, answer questions, provide information, and resolve complaints or product concerns
- Ensure high customer satisfaction
- Check products stock and availability, maintain best shelf appearance; tag, clean, and stock items
- Track expiry dates of products and practice the FIFO shelf placement and expired goods withdrawals
- Perform daily tasks such as clearing of trash, cleaning the cashier and work station, restocking supplies, and cashier opening and closing procedures
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position as a sales associate, cashier, or relevant role at a grocery or other food retail store
- Bilingual, preferred
- Great attention to detail
- Working knowledge of software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Punctual, positive, willing to help, polite, outgoing, and team player
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle problems with customers efficiently
- Very good physical condition and endurance to work in standing positions for up to eight hours
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Yoleni’ s Restaurant will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.