Post Date: 05/10/2018
Job ID: 814
Industry: Distribution / Warehouse
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Ocean State Job Lot. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Ocean State Job Lot
JOB TITLE: Receiver
Under the direction of store management, the Receiver performs a range of duties to meet the needs of customers and the business. Primary duties include maintaining the receiving and stock room area according to company policies and procedures.
- Protection of company assets
- Daily communication/interaction with Store Management regarding the workload.
- Receiving by company standards, all incoming freight, i.e. warehouse deliveries and any direct deliveries.
- Sorting and distributing freight destined for the sales floor in an organized manner following company equipment usage rules.
- Maintaining a 24-36 hour freight flow (24 hour in stores receiving daily trucks)
- Maintaining an organized, disciplined receiving area.
- Receives shipments following all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all merchandise billed is received using current receiving programs (skid counts), physical counts on select high ticket merchandise.
- Ensures pricing and merchandise preparation handled in the receiving area conforms to company standards (pricing may vary by state).
- Oversees – trains associates, temporary or permanent, assigned to the receiving area.
- Is flexible with hours worked to ensure there is coverage 5 or 6 days per week, including early A.M. or late P.M. hours due to delivery schedules.
- Maintains a clean receiving area daily.
- Controls any fixtures stored in or near the receiving area.
- Interacts with the store personnel as a daily routine in the process of moving and accounting for merchandise.
- Responsible for keeping all merchandise stored in receiving organized a (by dept., category, and item) and accessible.
- Ensures the receiving area is ready for year-end inventory.
- Ensures the company’ s recycling program is followed.
- Responsible for ensuring all RTW’ s (Return to Warehouse), transfers, recalls, damaged returns and any other outgoing shipments are handled to company standard.
- Any other functions/activities as directed by Store Management.
- Prior retail merchandising and/or cashier experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with an appropriate level of urgency
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.