Post Date: 06/14/2018
Job ID: 911
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting Radiographers on behalf of Electric Boat, a Quonset based manufacturer who designs and builds the nuclear submarines used by our US Navy.
COMPANY NAME: General Dynamics Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Radiographer
LOCATION(S): North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
Electric Boat is seeking experienced Radiographers for their Quonset facility.
Industrial Radiographer is responsible but not limited to performing the following functions:
- Perform radiographic testing in various conditions
- Secure, monitor, and survey work areas as radiographic testing is being conducted
- Work in confined spaces, heights, carry up to fifty pounds, climb, stoop and work in inclement weather
- Must demonstrate competency in understanding Electric Boat procedures
- Must be capable of becoming Radiation Safety trained
Seeking all skill levels:
- A minimum of 2+ years of radiography experience is required
- Must have good math and problem solving skills consisting of arithmetic, simple algebra, fractions, decimals, geometry, powers and roots
- Related commercial, Military/Navy radiography and/or shipbuilding experience is preferred
- Experience in quality control is a plus
- Must be able to work all shifts, at heights, in confined spaces and extreme temperature conditions as required
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent trade knowledge/experience is preferred; additional preference given for Vocational, Technical and Community Colleges or Apprentice programs
- Blueprint reading skills preferred
Applicant must apply for a DOD security clearance as a condition of employment. They must be able to obtain and maintain a final secret clearance to remain in that position.
- Qualified applicants will need to successfully complete a pre-employment radiation worker physical and attend and pass a 40 hr Radiation Safety class
- Must possess basic mathematical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicant will be required to work in a collaborative and team environment and meet organizational goals
- Applicant must be able to interpret technical manuals, shipyard procedures, test documents, blueprints, diagrams, and understand basic layout functions
- Individuals may be required to possess their own basic hand tools
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.