167 Point St
Johnston & Pawtucket,
Industry: Health & Human Services
Job Number: 1262
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Peer Specialist
LOCATION: Johnston & Pawtucket
HOURS: 1st shift, M-F, 8am-4: 30pm – some nights & weekends may be necessary
The main goal for the Peer Specialist is to provide direct mental health services to clients and to serve as a role model for clients. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach & support skills needed to facilitate individual recovery
- Promote service options, choices, and resources within the community
- Be supportive of recovering person when in crisis, as part of the treatment team
- Act as a role model to persons in recovery to inspire hope, share life experiences, and lessons learned as a person in recovery
Successful candidates will have:
- Completed & passed a Peer Specialist certification program
- 3 years’+ paid or voluntary work experience or 1 year post-secondary education
- Prior experience managing mental health and/or substance abuse issues
- Display strong boundaries with clients
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.