Industry: Food Service
Job Number: 1244
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for HMShost. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: HMShost
JOB TITLE: Grill Cook
LOCATION(S): Warwick, RI
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision; 401K, tuition reimbursement program, competitive wages, flexible schedules, free meals, paid breaks, paid training, build your skills, on site and affordable parking
Come work with a great team!
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; Measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables
- Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product
Successful candidates have:
- Basic food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- 0 - 1 years of closely related experience, work experience in high volume or quick service restaurant environment preferred
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Ability to work with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Ability to frequently work in hot environment
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and HMShost will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.