Post Date: 06/06/2018
Job ID: 838
Industry: Machine Operations
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Electric Boat, a Quonset based manufacturer who designs and builds the nuclear submarines used by the U.S. Navy.
Electric Boat is seeking millwrights at all skill levels for their Quonset facility. Those without millwright experience are encouraged to apply as many will qualify for paid training upon successful hire with Electric Boat.
COMPANY NAME: General Dynamics Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Outside Machinist / Millwright
LOCATION(S): North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
- Modular construction of ship’ s hull
- Layout pieces of the ship to allow for drilling, assembly and installation of components that will eventually be working parts of a nuclear submarine
- Use of precision instruments and portable drilling and boring equipment
- High school diploma/GED
- Strong math skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical manuals, shipyard procedures, diagrams and perform basic layout functions
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.