50 Jordan Street
Post Date: 07/23/2018
Job ID: 978
Industry: Customer Service / Call Center
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
JOB TITLE: Medicare Customer Service Representative
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 11: 30am - 8: 00pm (4 weekdays & 1 weekend day)
PAY RATE: $15 per hour (plus merit increases & bonus based on performance)
- Respond to Medicare members written or telephone inquiries. Educate members and clearly respond to inquiries concerning products, benefits and eligibility or billing.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of activities with internal policies as well as all regulatory agencies.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities for ancillary products such as dental insurance
- Maintain records of customer interactions, process changes to member accounts, record inquiry details and actions, and refer unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments for additional research.
- High school degree (Associate' s degree preferred)
- Up to two years’ experience in a customer service environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced call center
- Excellent communication and customer relationship and problem solving skills
- Strong computer navigation skills
- Must have flexibility to work weekends and shifts that are in the 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. time frame
- Bi-lingual skills a plus (not required)
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.