Job Number: 1202
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for supporting, researching, planning, and designing mechanical, pneumatic and electromechanical products and systems, with the product focus being precision micro dispensing systems across several industries – smart phones, life sciences, automotive, electronics. They assist in activities involved in: the design and fabrication of prototypes, alpha and beta testing, operation, application, and support of mechanical or electromechanical products and test systems.
- Design products and/or systems that include machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems. Some products integrate such items with instruments, controls, robots, and customer machines. Design product test plan utilizing Design of Experiments (DOE). Oversee product testing and perform data analysis.
- Participate in the research and analysis of data such as design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Evaluate new technology for application in new product designs
- Assist with design & fabrication of product test equipment, and development of methods and procedures used for testing products or systems.
- Design products and systems to interface with machines, hardware, and software
- Research and develop solutions to products requiring revision or update and process through the Engineering Change Control system. Adhere to codes and standards in design and support the product compliance certification process.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- Write reports, business correspondence, and support development of Operation & Maintenance manuals
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) required, Master’ s degree preferred, with concentration in Fluid dynamics
- A minimum of three years of related experience
- Experience with 3D-CAD tools, preferably Solidworks, and Rapid Prototyping processes
- Experience with developing dispensing systems, fluid handling systems, and electro-mechanical valves
- Experience with DOE, bringing designs to production using design for manufacturing techniques, FMEAs, and other quality control techniques. Experience with simulation and modeling tools, similar to ComSol
- Experience in designing and supporting low to medium volume products in a fast-paced environment that meet rigid quality requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to understand and work with industrial quality processes and statistics experience, with training on Solid Works, Solid Works Simulation and Enterprise PDM
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented, dependable and willing to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility
Estimated: 10% Domestic and International
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.