Post Date: 05/10/2018
Job ID: 816
Industry: Distribution / Warehouse
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Ocean State Job Lot. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Ocean State Job Lot
JOB TITLE: Material Handler (Level 4 - Receiving)
Unload merchandise from trailers onto pallets or unload palletized merchandise or slip-sheeted goods with a forklift or any other power equipment. Perform an accurate detailed check-in of vendor shipments.
- Safely and efficiently operate forklift and attachments, pallet jacks and pump jacks
- Unload and palletize floor loads, move stack and stage product using powered equipment
- Sort and separate items by SKU’ s, PO#s
- Verify accuracy of packing slips
- Accurate checking and controlling of all inbound product; ensure case packs are verified, damages are separated and product code dates are verified
- Tag merchandise accurately
- Accurately count merchandise and sign freight bills
- Work in other areas based on workload
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Housekeeping - Maintain neat, orderly and clean work area (clean as you go policy)
- Comply with all OSHA standards
- Be able to complete position-specific Powered Industrial Equipment Training
- Satisfactory completion of Area Training Program
- Ability to pass Area Proficiency test is required
- Good math skills
- Ability to physically unload merchandise to meet standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate Powered Industrial Equipment and pass licensing test
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.