Post Date: 05/10/2018
Job ID: 815
Industry: Distribution / Warehouse
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Ocean State Job Lot. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Ocean State Job Lot
JOB TITLE: Material Handler (Level 3 – Stackers)
Efficiently, safely, and accurately move, stack, stage or retrieve merchandise operating a reach truck, forklift, dock stacker or order picker assisted by the use of RF scanner.
- Responsible for Put-a-ways, Replenishments, Pull Combines, Transfers, Consolidations, and all related Stacking/Picking Functions.
- Safely and accurately locate or remove product in warehouse racking
- Adhere to established Standards of Productivity, Housekeeping, Quality and Accuracy
- Operate material handling equipment safely, often at elevation
- Properly build pallets of merchandise
- Transport pallets of goods to Shipping, staging and/or Wrap Machine
- Comply with all OSHA standards.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Comply with any other requested tasks
- Achieve Productivity Standards
- Be able to complete position-specific Powered Industrial Equipment Training and pass licensing test.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use RF scanner.
- Ability to lift up to a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to operate reach trucks, order pickers, dock stackers and forklifts as required.
- Good math skills.
- Satisfactory completion of training program.
- Ability to pass Area Proficiency test is required.
- Operate wrapping machine safely and efficiently.
- Ability to read and verify English descriptions and case-packs.
- Ability to stand, bend, squat and repetitive lifting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate equipment at heights of 6’ to 36’
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.