600 East Greenwich Avenue
Job Number: 1257
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
- Provide leadership to achieve maximum efficiencies across all aerospace manufacturing areas
- Provide leadership and guidance to Contract Manufacturers to achieve maximum performance
- Implement continuous improvement strategies throughout the organization using Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Troubleshoot manufacturing, quality and assembly issues using appropriate Lean / Six Sigma tools
- Define, refine and improve new and existing processes including, but not limited to: Manufacturing and Test processes and procedures, Process / Product development, Process documentation, Design for manufacturability and assembly, Cell design, One Piece Flow and Problem solving
- Analyze failure data using standard tools (8D, A3, 5-Why, etc.) and react appropriately with process and design improvements.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor level degree in a Technical field, preferred Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical engineering
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 - 10
- Background in process engineering and quality assurance
- Must be a self-starter
- Experience in a global business environment
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (CAD experience a benefit)
- Ability to read schematics
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Certified Kaizen Facilitator preferred
- Lean - Six Sigma certification preferred
- Strong leadership and networking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required with demonstrated experience interacting effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Experience in diverse cultures gaining understanding and acceptance of lean philosophies
- Ability to work independently to drive projects to completion
- Previous Experience working with tier one aerospace manufacturers a plus (Airbus experience preferred)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.