528 North Main Street
Post Date: 07/12/2018
Job ID: 972
Industry: Maintenance / Custodial
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for The Providence Center. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: The Providence Center
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician is responsible to perform new construction, general repairs, preventative maintenance and cleaning activities to equipment, utility systems and facilities as directed and in accordance with established procedures, approved practices and any applicable regulations.
- Document corrective and preventative maintenance activities as required
- Troubleshoot equipment related problems and offer repair solutions
- Perform skilled trades work (carpentry, plumbing, minor electrical, HVAC, painting and the like)
- Make periodic inspections of premises to determine repair work necessary
- Respond to calls to resolve problems with a positive attitude
- Carry After Hours Emergency Pager on a rotational schedule as assigned
- Perform snow removal or any grounds maintenance as required
- Maintain safety and security of facilities and grounds at all times
- Maintain inventory levels of supplies
- Assure performance standards are met or exceeded
Successful candidates will have:
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and overtime as required
- Able to handle multiple priorities with efficiency, accuracy and at times, very little direct supervision
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have and maintain clean driving record and valid driver’ s license as condition of continued employment
- Must have and maintain insured auto as condition of continued employment
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and The Providence Center will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.