30 Exchange Terrace
Industry: Machine Operations
Job Number: 1132
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Company Confidential. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Company Confidential
JOB TITLE: Machine Technician II CNC
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time
Produce various metal products and is responsible for setting up and running manual machining equipment and monitoring CNC machining centers. This role also includes performing and recording accurate quality checks while sustaining run efficiencies in a safe manner.
- Set up and run machine shop equipment such as; sand blast tools, cold saws, and CNC lathe and/or milling equipment, with minimal supervision.
- Monitor CNC milling and turning machine to specifications on inspection sheets/prints, producing the highest quality components to fall within established time standards.
- Possess full knowledge of all standard measuring equipment including the proper use of micrometers, calipers, comparators and various plug/thread gauges as well as blueprint reading.
- Perform full inspection, follow and complete inspection sheets to maintain tolerances according to specifications on prints.
- Perform and properly record quality checks.
- Take and follow direction from supervisor.
- Organize tasks to accomplish them in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to trouble shoot basic machine, tooling and program issues.
- Understand and employ basic workmanship techniques and methods to maintain the highest quality level.
- Employee must always work in a safe manner while running equipment and moving or cutting product.
- Work with others in a team setting by sharing responsibilities, such as running multiple CNC machines & manual equipment simultaneously.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor and co-workers.
- Work in a safe manner at all times while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma of GED.
- 2+ years of experience with operating production/machining equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Basic computer navigation skills.
- Ability to lift and move 75+ pounds.
- Multi axis CNC lathe experience highly preferred.
- Completed trade school or an apprenticeship in machining
- CNC lathe and milling experience
- Welding experience
- Ability to make & repair tools.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Company Confidential will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.