Three Flat Street
Post Date: 06/13/2018
Job ID: 889
Industry: Building / Construction
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Herrick & White in Cumberland, RI. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
As the Lead Engineer you will oversee and work with Engineers on woodworking projects to produce accurate construction documents. The right candidate will maintain standard details and look for opportunities to improve drafting process. Successful Lead Engineers are given a path for advancement to become Project Managers.
COMPANY NAME: Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers
JOB TITLE: Lead Engineer
LOCATION: Cumberland, RI
SALARY: $17 to $26 per hour (Based on experience)
- Consistently keep engineers and draftsmen productive and in line with a projects details
- Provide Project Managers with accurate status reports with enough time for them to alter plans
- Produce accurate shop drawings for architectural millwork and casework
- Create a quality engineered package that provides for ease of fabrication and installation
- Research product cut sheets for shop drawings
- Assure accurate material requisitions with realistic lead-times
- Assure accurate listing with clear and concise comments
- Maintain good communication with Project Managers and Lead Engineer
- Engineering tasks are deadline oriented
- Compile accurate Material Orders packages for manufacturing and Kitting Orders
- Work with manufacturing, finish, shipping and or installation departments to quickly resolve any errors or misdirection
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Knowledge of office processes and technology
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and a strong desire to learn the Architectural Woodworking business
- Work may require occasional weekend or evening work
- Some travel may be required for site visits
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker access to work.