Industry: Health & Human Services
Job Number: 1223
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AccessPoint RI. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AccessPoint RI
JOB TITLE: Instructional Assistant
LOCATION: Cranston, RI
HOURS: Full Time
- Work in conjunction with the special education teachers and the transition team to develop and implement transition programs.
- Participate as a member of the IEP team for annual and six month review meetings and other pertinent meetings involving the students.
- Assist students in community based sites to be used as work experiences and discovery.
- Responsible to follow weekly individual student schedules based upon IEP goals and objectives
- Complete all required paperwork including within the specified timelines set forth by the Department of Education.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma required, Associates or Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
- Experience in transition or vocational services preferred.
- ACRE certification or ability to obtain certificate and/or other certifications required by BHDDH and Rhode Island Department of Education and Teacher Assistant Certification or higher
- Knowledge of current practices in transition services.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral formats.
- Ability to read, comprehend policies and instructions, and use varying degrees of independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to problem solve in community settings independently
- Current CPR certification or willing to become current.
- A valid driver’ s license with acceptable driving record required.
- Access to and provision of an insured automobile on an ongoing basis.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AccessPoint RI will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.