Job Number: 1196
IT System Administrator I
Raytheon, Portsmouth, RI
- Assure system reliability and performance through monitoring and infrastructure management
- Provide system administration and maintenance support on Windows, Linux, and UNIX-based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
- Convert and upgrade to new systems
- Develop and maintain technical and operational documentation to continually improve our computing environments
- Engage in knowledge sharing to further develop the overall capability and performance of your technical team
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
- 2+ years of experience with Linux/Windows operating systems
- Active Directory and group policy management
- Data storage and data backup technologies
- Virtual computing technologies
- Thin client technologies
- Security+ certification
- Ability to collaborate effectively
Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a related field or Significant directly applicable professional experience in a related field is accepted in lieu of a University Degree
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future with the final hiring decision to be made by the employer.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island' s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.